We are looking for a highly detailed and processed team member that will be responsible for underwriting and analyzing truck lease applications for Owner-Operator truck drivers. The position requires determining risk and exposure and following company guidelines to determine if a truck driver is likely to complete their lease. This team member is our guard at the gate, determining who gets through and who doesn’t. This person is someone that is typically described as “trusted” by family, friends, and co-workers.
Reasons why OTR is a great opportunity for you
- Awesome culture…brand new open concept headquarters, ping pong tables, free food, free beer, contests…and more
- Small Company Feel…Only a few in the underwriting department
- Full Health & Dental Benefits
- No Weekends & Standard Office Hours
- Paid Vacations
- A supportive & engaged management team that really wants big success
- Room to Move Up…we are growing rapidly
What we are asking you to do!
- Follow and apply underwriting standards to each application with minimal subjectivity.
- Analysis of incoming credit applications to determine risk and acceptability for fit into leasing program tiers.
- Analyze exposure-based risk, collect additional underwriting information when needed, and refer those higher hazard/exposures to appropriate staff.
- Evaluate credit apps in a timely manner by prioritizing submissions and other duties.
- Maintain and develop application process flows for maximum efficiency.
- Continually develop and recommend new underwriting criteria to strengthen lessee pool.
- Maintain Chinese wall between underwriting and sales, underwriting must be objective and not seen to give in to pressure or favoritism in underwriting.
- Working with our customers to understand their current financial state. This often requires reviewing account details, asking good questions to the customers, and then really listening to the answers.
- Keep exceptional documentation on all actions made on approvals/denials.
- Additional duties assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- People with a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN AND ACHIEVE
- “WE / US” type people who like being part of something bigger than themselves, not an “I / ME” people who think the world revolves around them
- 2 years underwriting experience; preferably within consumer facing loans in the equipment/auto industry
- Good computer skills, familiar with using Microsoft products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Demonstrate high trustworthiness attributes: consistency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- 4-year college degree; or comparable industry experience