- Reviewing and analyzing delinquent collections accounts
- Placing (and receiving) a large volume of phone calls to the customers assigned to you
- Contacting delinquent lessees and negotiating payment arrangements
- Working with our customers to understand their current financial state. This often requires reviewing account details, asking good questions to the customers, and then really listening to the answers.
- Assessing delinquent accounts and making determinations such as whether to authorize equipment for reposession
- Keeping exceptional documentation on all actions made on accounts
Experience & Skills
- Truck or equipment related collections industry experience strongly preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with customers on a one-on-one basis. Experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service, or collections are all welcome
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and listen carefully
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and build good relationships
- Experience in dealing with “salt of the earth” customers. We are in the trucking industry and need sales reps who can navigate “truckers” culture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent mathematical skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good computer skills, familiar with using Microsoft products and CRM software